云滇通

 找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 1|回复: 0

Juan Soto Mets offenses struggles continue in series-opening loss to Red Sox

[复制链接]

212

主题

0

回帖

642

积分

高级会员

Rank: 4

积分
642
发表于 2 小时前 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Acce s the Mets beat like never before  Join Post Sports+ for exciting subscriber-only features, including real-time  texting with Mike Puma  about the inside buzz on the Mets.  BOSTON  Good pitching alone will only get the Mets so far this season.  As manager Carlos Mendozas crew has been reminded all too often lately, there is a need to drive in runners  Igor Larionov Jersey on base. And an occasional jolt over the fence wouldnt hurt, either.  The teams offensive doldrums carried into a third straight series, in a 3-1 lo s to the Red Sox at Fenway Park on Monday.  In losing for the fourth time in five games, the Mets were 1-for-8 with runners in scoring position. The Mets have scored three runs or fewer in six straight games.  Juan Soto, who finished 1-for-10 this past weekend in the Subway Series, managed a single in four plate appearances on this night. But Soto also hit into a double play to kill an early rally.  Were not getting the job done with runners in scoring position, Mendoza said. At times I feel like were taking real good pitches to hit, being pa sive, and then at times chasing.  Kodai Senga rebounded after a shaky beginning to finish at three earned runs allowed on five hits with five strikeouts and three walks over six innings. It marked the first time this season Senga surrendered three earned runs in a start.  Kodai Senga (34) pitches against the Boston Red Sox during the second inning at Fenway Park.  IMAGN IMAGES via Reuters Connect  Explore More  Senga fell into a quick 2-0 hole.  Jarren Duran opened with a leadoff double in the first and Rafael Devers walked before Alex Bregmans groundout brought in the run from third. Trevor Story delivered a two-out RBI single to extend the lead.  Durans RBI triple in the second gave the Red Sox a 3-0 lead. Carlos Narvez walked before Duran, with two outs, jumped on a forkball and hit it into the right field corner.  The first couple of innings, with the wind and the environment in general I was having a hard time executing my pitches, Senga said through his interpreter. But I wanted to go out there and stay in the game and make it a winnable game. I was able to stay out there for a good amount.  Carlos Narvaez (75) scores a run off an RBI by outfielder Jarren Duran (16) (not pictured) during the second inning against the New York Mets at Fenway Park.  Eric Canha-Imagn Images  Francisco Alvarez (4) celebrates hitting a double against the Boston Red Sox during the third inning at Fenway Park.  IMAGN IMAGES via Reuters Connect  Tyrone Taylors RBI single in the third pulled the Mets within 3-1. Francisco Alvarez doubled leading off the inning. Francisco Lindor walked following Taylors single, but Soto killed the inning by hitting into a double play.  Pete Alonsos second throwing miscue in as many nights gave the Red Sox a threat in the fourth.  Alonso flipped over Sengas head covering first base on Durans grounder, giving the Red Sox runners on the corners with two outs. Devers walked to load the bases before Senga retired Bregman.  CHECK OUT THE AND  It was a rough night for Alonso, who smacked a shot off the Green Monster in the first inning but was thrown out as he slid into second base.  Alonso was initially ruled safe, but the Red Sox won a replay challenge.  Mets pitcher Kodai Senga, right, reacts as Boston Red Soxs Jarren Duran, center, safely reaches first base on a throwing error.  AP  Pete Alonso #20 of the New York Mets heads to the dugout after being called out at second base trying to stretch a single during the first inning against the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park on May 19, 2025 in Boston, Ma sachusetts.  Getty Images  Soto hit a shot off the Monster in the sixth for a single  he he evidently thought would clear the wall.  Soto got the base back by stealing second. But after Alonso walked, Brandon Nimmo hit into a double play and Mark Vientos was retired.  Mets right fielder Juan Soto (22) hits a single against the Boston Red Sox during the sixth inning at Fenway Park.  IMAGN IMAGES via Reuters Connect  Delivering insights on all things Amazins  Sign up for Inside the Mets by Mike Puma, exclusively on Sports+  Thank you  By clicking above you agree to the and .  Enjoy this Post Sports+ exclusive newsletter!  The Mets threatened with two outs in the seventh: Jeff McNeil walked and Taylors single (which included an error by right fielder Wilyer Abreu) put runners on the corners.  After a pitching change, Lindor was retired by Justin Slaten on the first pitch.  Jake Furlong Jersey
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|云滇通

GMT+8, 2025-11-30 21:27 , Processed in 0.011976 second(s), 4 queries , Redis On.

Powered by Discuz! X3.4

© 2001-2023 Discuz! Team.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表